• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Scars

Portillo

Bluelighter
I have a surgery scar on my arm. Kinda like a scar you get when you get stitches. And was wondering if theres anyway of getting rid of it and making it less noticeable. Is something like a skin graft, placed on top the scar to cover it up possible?

Thanks for any help.

Arnica cream is quite good, its faded some of my scars a bit, doesnt do miracles though.

i'm currently using a product called ScarGuard; it's a silicone product. silicone products are often recommended for scar treatment. it hasn't done anything for old scars but newer ones seem to be fading.

Last edited:
just got a fresh one:

headwound.jpg

5 new staples in my head, for a grand total of 17 staples in my head and 11 in my abdomen. was a freak incident where a window fell on my head yesterday, im fine, enjoying time off work and blazing.

martial conditioning has made me immune to pain. the doctor stapling me up asked me if i wanted topical anesthesia and i replied that i enjoy testing my meditative withdraw from pain at any opportunity. we talked for a second and he ended up telling me he used to be a mantis fighter, and we had a good conversation exchanging memories of kung fu training and conditioning. he totally knew where i was coming from and stapled away.

And I have one from one nasty incident with lagre axe.Is there some laser therapy for this?

Unless it's in a place thats real visable i wouldnt bother too much with it. If the scar is fresh polysporin will help though that much i know from personal experience. It helped my arms heal up so i wouldnt get any track marks :\ .

I have 2 scars on my face one on my lip and one right next to the corner of my nose. Both are fairly visable but noone notices or atleast they don't say anything. I got both scars in 2 different fights so it actually makes for a cool story :D

just got a fresh one:

headwound.jpg

5 new staples in my head, for a grand total of 17 staples in my head and 11 in my abdomen. was a freak incident where a window fell on my head yesterday, im fine, enjoying time off work and blazing.

martial conditioning has made me immune to pain. the doctor stapling me up asked me if i wanted topical anesthesia and i replied that i enjoy testing my meditative withdraw from pain at any opportunity. we talked for a second and he ended up telling me he used to be a mantis fighter, and we had a good conversation exchanging memories of kung fu training and conditioning. he totally knew where i was coming from and stapled away.

how do u become immune to pain? i hear it requires meditation of some sort...

This is something I have been thinking about as of late.

Does anyone have any good experiences using vitamin E oil? In the past, when I was ten plus years younger, it seemed to do the trick. But now my scar tissue has a different color and texture than it did. The skin is darker and generally tougher.

Are there any other topicals that other people have had some success with?

:)

some doctors recommend vitamin e but there is little evidence it actually works. and, while it may assist in the healing process, it's doubtful it'd do anything for existing or old scars.

i've heard moisturizing the scar with a cocoa butter stick can also help.

but, seriously, unless you're considering surgery or steroid injections, silicone sheets are the only product proven to shrink and diminish the appearance of scars. as stated above, i've been trying ScarGuard and it helped to heal my new scars but it doesn't stay put - just peels and flakes off. i've just order this ScarAway and hope to have a better report on how that particular product works in a few weeks.

maybe i'll post a before and after... :)

*bump*

My most recent scar seems to be lightening up a bit, but summer is almost upon me and I'd like to soak up some rays this year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to baby the newer discolored tissue?

Last edited:
I've always had good luck with cocoa butter lotion. There's another product out there, that women can use to reduce the visibility of their stretch marks, that is supposedly really good for scar treatment as well.

Oh?

Please let me ( us ) all know what it is?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mederma, is what it was called. I just saw the commercial for it a little while ago. I've just heard this, so it's not like I can tell you whether or not it works from first hand experience.

Cocoa butter is the way to go, though. Use it for a few days, and it helps reduce visibility greatly. At least from what I have experienced.

okay - i will respond to this thread tonight with pics since i took photos before i began using the silicone treatments. but i've been using ScarAway on recent scars since mid-April and it appears they're healing okay. the scars are on my right thigh and though, i'm not exactly ready to wear shorts, i do feel like they're becoming less noticeable. i will say that i am a little disappointed since i'd hoped that it would work a little faster.

lots of anti-oxidants(vit-c, reservatol ,Na-rla, etc etc)...MSM, collagen protein ,Hyaluronic Acid internally, lots of different kinds of oils-coconut,avocado, etc...and don't forget the gutu-cola .

you also want to take care of your gut and intestines...the better one eliminates waste the less their Skin has to do it which frees up extra cells to help repair.

And of course focused energy of intention to see that the scar disappears. See yourself scar-free already and enjoying fresh healthy skin...what scar??...see what i mean. If you can visualize yourself in a time when you didn't have a scar...poof! its gone

its amazing what a human can do when one remembers the power of imagination...be creative in your pursuit of being scar free ;-)

I've heard that coca butter works well.

I've started putting that on some of my scars and we'll see what happens. Hopefully it works it also has vitamin E in it.

Last edited:
I greatly reduced the scars I had by putting on Mederma and Coca Butter that had vitamin E in it.

I also was taking vitamin E in gelcaps daily too and some vitamin C. I drank red tea (rooibos) and green tea and water more since I hear that's good for your skin.

I tried putting vitamin E oil on them but that made my skin a weird texture but I think that was from some lemon extract in it.

I did all of this daily for 3 months and it worked. I had acne scars and they weren't that old so I think that has something to do with it.